One of the most important parts about finding balance in nutrition and health is unlearning all of the ridiculous pieces of misinformation that you have stored away about nutrition and health. This is why I’m formatting this blog as a rapid fire list of things you need to know about nutrition and health!
- Lowest calories does NOT equal healthiest option
- You don’t need to be in a full sweat to get the benefits of exercise
- Carbs are GOOD for you and your body’s favorite energy source
- BMI is outdated and tells you very little about your health
- If you lose weight using an unsustainable diet, your results will also be unsustainable
- You’ll be more successful by focusing on: What foods can I include more of? Instead of: What foods do I need to cut out?
- There are no individual foods that cause weight gain or weight loss
- Any diet program that requires you to buy their foods, supplements, or shakes should be a red flag
- Processed doesn’t automatically mean unhealthy
- Fasting gives you less opportunity to eat. It’s not magic.
So, there you have it. Here are 10 things to get you on the right path to nutrition and health.